I’m pretty weird particular. For example:
- My money is folded in a VERY specific way in my wallet.
- I tend to straighten things that are off center or crooked.
- I will straighten items on the shelf in a store. For FREE.
- I refuse to go a day without wearing moisturizer/sunscreen.
- I gravitate toward the numbers 15 and 25.
- I get truly excited when a month starts on a Monday. LIKE THIS MONTH!
I could go on for a really long time (and I’m sure Mack could tell you more of these quirks than I care to admit). But my point is, this month starts on a Monday and I’m really about it.
I like to think of a new month as a fresh start. Another chapter in the book of your life is beginning. And when it starts on a Monday? It’s like the planets are aligning. You wake up knowing that the slate is wiped clean- it’s like having a mini new year only better, because these come around more frequently than once a year.
Since I revamped this blog a year ago I’ve been trying really hard to change a lot of things. I’m a comical work in progress, but I take every opportunity I can get to stop and think about what I’m doing, what I want to do or be, and (finally), giving myself permission to be imperfect and starting anew yet again. Because THAT’S HOW YOU DO IT FOLKS.
That, and I can FINALLY start using my fun new bando planner that I’ve been staring at for a month while wait for August 1 to roll around. Here’s to another month, new beginnings, and new adventures.