2016 was one hell of a frigging ride. Here’s the cliff’s notes version of my year.
- Finally got a big girl job with things like retirement, vacation/sick time, and health insurance
- Ended my years long job search for a position in higher ed (I’ll stop whining now, I promise)
- Starting making ends meet (halle-fricking-llujah)
- Tried Zumba
- Three funerals, four losses. Can we talk about this for a minute? FOUR LOSSES IN A YEAR IS TOO DAMN MANY, OKAY??
- One wedding
- Gained a step-mom! My “family” has grown so much over the past 8 years. If you’re a part of that expansion, whether you’re on Mack’s side or my side, know that I love you <3
- Stepped into a Catholic church and did not immediately catch on fire (it took about ten minutes)
- Did my first podcast!
- Stopped drinking coffee (too much anxiety up in here)
- Presented at an annual, national conference in front of about ~60 strangers
- Got horrifying stage fright and one hell of a vulnerability hangover
- Vowed to get better at public speaking
- Got another dog named Pippa (though something like Gollum is more fitting). But boy is she cute!
- Traveled to:
- Jacksonville, FL
- Maidens, VA
- Orlando. FL/HOGWARTS/ DIAGON ALLEY
- Atlanta, GA
- Pitched my book idea to an agent
- Decided to actually write the book no matter what
- Reunited with a long lost friend
- Made new friends
- Read oodles of books – 48 to be exact!
- Bought a house- we close sometimes this month (hopefully (the date has been pushed (but it’s not our fault))).
I’m late to the 2016 reflection party, but life happens. Stay tuned for a post outlining my goals for 2017!