Now that I’ve taken time to reflect back on 2016, it’s time to look ahead. If I think about my goals for 2016, they were a bit too lofty. So in the name of practicality, I’m keeping it simple this year.
- Read 52 books. This is totally doable for me. HERE WE GO. Tell me what books you loved reading recently.
- Practice gratitude. I always talk about this but I struggle with it so. I’m starting out with one thing a day, and if I have more, so be it.
- Meditate. I go hot and cold with meditating, it’s true. But I do find great value in it. I’m starting with 10 minutes a day.
- Write a book. My book on underemployment to be exact. I’ve already pitched the idea to an agent, so we’ll see if it has legs after I submit my proposal. *eeeeeeeeek*
- Fitness. I truly don’t enjoy exercise. I’m lazy or… whatever. But I also know that it’s good for you and ultimately gets your creative juices flowing, helps you live longer, and is overall a decent idea for anyone who would like to thrive in life. Soooo… any ideas welcome.
- Dabble in creativity. This is another thing that’s good for your brain and overall well being. As long as I can remember that it does not need to be perfect, whatever it is. I keep talking about water color painting. Maybe it’s finally time to take a stab at it!
- Send more snail mail. I like to get real mail and send real mail. I’m slightly obsessed with fun stamps… Send me your address! I pinky promise not to sell your information or stalk you or any off the wall thing like that :)
What are you doing this year? Anything good?